Yarmouth Port, MA
By Maryjean Cannata
SANDWICH - The Sandwich Kiwanis Club celebrated its Levreault Fund Awards Night at the Dan’l Webster Inn on Sept. 17. The purpose of the fund is to fulfill the Kiwanis mission of serving young children. The committee chairman was Thomas Reilly, who awarded the following grants:
- Kiwanis Pediatric Trauma Center in Boston, $1,000.
- Sandwich High School Library Summer Reading Program, $1,755.
- Thornton Burgess Society Summer Program, Power Point System, $2,180.
- Cape Cod Challenger Club, $10,000.
- Boys & Girls Club of Cape Cod, $10,000.
- Sandwich High school Knights Theater, $5,000.
- Henry T. Wing School Literacy Collaborative Writer in Residence program, $10,000.
- College Scholarship to Sandwich students, $7,800.
- Sandwich Community Partnership for Children, $1,500.
- Sandwich Community School, fiberglass benches at the pool, $1,380.
- Cape Cod Children’s Museum, $500.
- Luke Vincent Powers Foundation, playground for disadvantaged children, $500.
- The Sandwich Public Library’s Summer Reading Program, $4,925.
The Kiwanis Club of Sandwich is always looking for new members. The club meets on Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. at the British Beer Company on Route 6A in Sandwich.
Oct 14 2009, 03:34 PM