The club secretary ensures club operations run smoothly and manages many of the details that make the club experience great. That huge responsibility doesn’t happen by magic, of course. As the new Kiwanis year approaches, club secretaries will find a list of resources just for them at www.KiwanisOne.org/clubsecretary. There is a monthly to-do list, instructions on using the Club Excellence Tool, various required forms, and quick links to several need-to-know documents and Web pages.
The monthly to-do list has been recently updated. This new and improved checklist begins in June for pre-term tasks and now includes repetitive items per month, such as “for every club meeting,” “for every board meeting” and reports due at the end of each month specifically noted. The checklist ends with a few tasks slated for the following October to end the secretary’s term in office.
Here are a few of the August & September to-dos:
- Review liability insurance information
- Schedule necessary planning meetings
- Ensure education of incoming officers (and yourself!)
- Encourage program calendar development
- Attend district convention
- Attend club board meetings & budget planning sessions
- Encourage other club leaders to plan ahead as well
- Review award programs
- Schedule dates of district leader visits
- Plan for the October board meeting
And don’t forget – many of the basics for navigating the member website and online reporting can be found at www.KiwanisOne.org/support. Have a great year!
Aug 06 2010, 10:20 AM