Tom DeJulio, a 46-year member of the Kiwanis family will lead the organization through the 2012-13 year. Convened at the 97th Annual Kiwanis International Convention in New Orleans, Louisiana, this past June, the House of Delegates elected the Fordham, Bronx, New York, Kiwanian as the next Kiwanis International President.
DeJulio joined the Kiwanis family as a teen when he became a member of New York’s Mt. Vernon High School Key Club in 1966. Moving on to Fordham University, he helped found the Circle K club there in 1970. He has been a Kiwanis member since 1973 and has served as a distinguished club president, lieutenant governor and New York District governor, before joining the Kiwanis International Board in 2005. He is employed as general counsel of Fordham University.
Also elected at the New Orleans convention were:
- President-elect: Gunter Gasser, Kiwanis Club of Spittal an der Drau, Austria.
- Vice president: John R. Button, Ridgetown, Ontario
- Trustees for U.S.and Pacific Canada: Dennis M. Oliver, Gulfport, Mississippi; James M. Rochford, Peoria, Illinois; and Elizabeth M. Tezza, East Cooper, Mt. Pleasant, South Carolinas were elected to three-year terms. Kevin Dean, Suncrest Area, Morgantown, West Virginia was elected for a one-year term to fill the position of Kiwanis International Trustee Oscar Knight III, who passed away this past April.
- Trustee for the Canada and Caribbean Region: Colin Reichle , South Edmonton, Alberta, was elected for a three-year term during the 2011 Western Canada District convention.
- Trustee for the Europe Region: Óskar Guðjónsson, Kopavogur-Eldey, Iceland, was elected to a three-year term during the 2012 Kiwanis International-European Federation Convention.
Jul 02 2012, 10:59 AM